1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display probs. HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jessicalyn, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessicalyn

jessicalyn Thread Starter

Hi Thanks for looking. I am having total display probs and need help! Flickering, garbled whatever...I just can hardly read he screen Works okay at times. Help and supp no longer works and can no longer use system restore. Prob my fault. I get a headache just tring to read the screen. Display diver? moniter? who knows? really? thanks!

2. diablo75

diablo75

Your monitor goes through at least 3 different video modes during boot: POST display, Windows Splash Screen, and finally Windows itself. If the problem seems to only exist while Windows (your desktop interface with the icons, etc), then it is likely a driver issue. If you know what kind of video card you have, then you should go to the website of the manufacturer and download the latest driver. If your computer is something like a Dell, then the video card inside of it likely has drivers for it on the website of the manufacturer who made the PC. You just have to look the model number for the computer and go from there.

Another simple possibility is the screen resolution/refresh rate being set at something your monitor cannot handle or interpret....

What was the last thing you did before things started acting up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice