display properties/desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knoopie

In the display properties /desktop, all my pictures have collected itself (6000). Normally I would use the to browse connection they are now all in there. How do I remove them, it won't respond to anything I have tried. I would like to delete them but there is no response from that action either. Please Help me remove the pictures, it slows down my computer.

knoopie, Pictures in the My Pictures folder will show up in your Desktop display properties. It's a flaw with Windows XP and Microsoft never seemed to care about. The only way to take them off the list is to create a new folder and name it something like Personal Pictures and move them from the My Pictures folder into that new folder. It shouldn't slow your computer up the way it is.

Tufenuf

The only way out of this is to move the pictures to another folder. I've read that Windows will stop referencing the default My Pictures folder after the contents reach a certain number, but I can't remember the number offhand.

Edit - agree with Tufenuf

knoopie

How would I send the pics to a new folder when it does not react to any action? I can't drag or delete . I already have all the pics in a folder in my documents. The problem, it won't let me do any action to get them out!
Thanks

You could try this:

Download BartPE here (you want the first on the download list at the bottom):
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/#download

Burn the CD and boot up with it. In the Go menu you'll find a utility called A43 File Management. This is like Explorer and will allow you to Copy/Move/Delete files and create folders. See if you can move the pictures with that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online