1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Properties Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stained124, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stained124

stained124 Thread Starter

Please help me!!

I have a problem with opening the Display properties (DP) panel in any way, be that from right click and desktop or control panel etc.

When i select to open the DP panel all i get is the loading sand timer thing for a split second, then it dissappears and leaves me back where i started, nothing loading at all.

I don't think it's a problem with my graphics card because i cannot open the DP panel from a button within the card's setting management software either. (i have a Nivida GeForce FX 5200)

Thanks a lot for any help,

Alex

2. bobol

bobol

try;
    start/run/ type in;
    desk.cpl

if no luck there run adaware and spybot [links for download below], then we'll see if maybe a Hijack This log may help too.

3. stained124

No luck there.

I run Spybot regulary but have nether deleted anything that has rectified the problem, it's been going on for as long as i can remember.

Edit: Saying that, i do find an item called 'DSO Exploit' every time i do a check, what is this? May it have anything to do with my problems?

4. bobol

bobol

5. stained124

Thanks for the direction there. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice