1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Properties Issues.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Scan4Answers, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scan4Answers

Scan4Answers Thread Starter

My XP is currently defaulted on it's display settings 640v by 480 pixels and will not allow me to change it. In fact, there is nothing to change it to.

I dont know what file I must of deleted, but is there anyway I can download the driver or something to make it so that it can be set on opitions that are higher? and if my color quality can be set to some higher than low, that would be amazing ;].

2. seahawk83

seahawk83

I assume you are in diplay properties and you can not change resolution? or you don't have any tabs to be able to change, if this is the case

go to the link below and scroll down to line 285 right column and download & run the "Restore All Display Tabs" .reg file fix. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

3. Scan4Answers

I tried to do as you stated, but,
    I don't think the regristy editor would let me do anything, and nothing changed.
    I'm updating my windows, but I thought I was updated enough so, we shall see.
    But thank you :]

4. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Have you checked Device Manager to see if you have a yellow X beside your video card? From your description is sounds like your video card driver has become corrupt.. might need to check the mfg's site for an update and re-install.

5. Scan4Answers

Actually, there is a question mark.
    I'm trying to re-install, but, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

6. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Try removing it then re-booting.. (right click and choose uninstall). Windows will re-install the one it has when it re-starts.. If that doesn't work you may have to open the case to see what kind you have to locate a driver. It could be on-board or in a slot... post back it that doesn't work.. good luck!

7. Scan4Answers

thank you!
    it was something in my device manager.

8. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

So it's working now? That's a good thing..
    You can click on Thread Tools at the top to mark your post as solved.. Glad it's working.. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice