Display Properties Issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Scan4Answers

My XP is currently defaulted on it's display settings 640v by 480 pixels and will not allow me to change it. In fact, there is nothing to change it to.

I dont know what file I must of deleted, but is there anyway I can download the driver or something to make it so that it can be set on opitions that are higher? and if my color quality can be set to some higher than low, that would be amazing ;].

I assume you are in diplay properties and you can not change resolution? or you don't have any tabs to be able to change, if this is the case

go to the link below and scroll down to line 285 right column and download & run the "Restore All Display Tabs" .reg file fix. Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scan4Answers

I tried to do as you stated, but,
I don't think the regristy editor would let me do anything, and nothing changed.
I'm updating my windows, but I thought I was updated enough so, we shall see.
But thank you :]

Have you checked Device Manager to see if you have a yellow X beside your video card? From your description is sounds like your video card driver has become corrupt.. might need to check the mfg's site for an update and re-install.

Scan4Answers

Actually, there is a question mark.
I'm trying to re-install, but, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Try removing it then re-booting.. (right click and choose uninstall). Windows will re-install the one it has when it re-starts.. If that doesn't work you may have to open the case to see what kind you have to locate a driver. It could be on-board or in a slot... post back it that doesn't work.. good luck!

So it's working now? That's a good thing..
You can click on Thread Tools at the top to mark your post as solved.. Glad it's working.. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online