1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display setting for VMWare RHEL4 with Windows XP as host in Dell 1555

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pkdcet, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkdcet

pkdcet Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I am running RHEL4 as Guest OS in Dell studio 1555 laptop using VMWare Work Station with Windows XP SP3 as host OS in my Dell Studio 1555 model. But I am not able to set the display properly in RHEL4 which can perfectly fit to the laptop screen so that I can get rid of the troublesome job of scrolling to view the full page. I have at present chosen These options.
    Hardware:
    Monitor Type: LCD panel 1600 X 1200
    Video Card: VESA driver (generic)
    Settings:
    Resolution: 1600 X 1200
    Color Depth: Millions of Colors

I tried various other options. But nothing else seems to be suitable. Do I have to install some dedicated driver to get the resolution option of 1600 X 900 which is the Display resolution of my Host OS (Windows XP). Dell Studio Laptops use ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Display Adapters for 1555 model.

Can you please suggest me which option should I choose in RHEl 4 to get the 1600 X 900 resolution option and get rid of this problem?

Thanks,
    -pkd

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/927080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice