Display Setting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zarniro

I am running Windows 98SE. Recently, the monitor display began resizing itself automatically; sometimes shrinking and sometimes expanding.

Black borders on the right and left sides shrink and grow depending on the application, page within application or web page. They range from 1/2" to 4". But the desktop's display is full width when I turn on the PC and stays that way.

The image is clear and text is readable. However, sometimes the vertical edges of the screens are not visible. For example, the top and bottom of IE 6's screen is never visible if "Maximum" is selected.

The virus definitions are up to date, and a complete Norton AV scan found no problems. Other than Windows Update and Norton AV definitions, no intentional changes were made to the system between the time the display was working ok and not.

Please help!

Styxx

Banned
Resizing on the monitor screen is done via the buttons on the monitor.

Yes, I would agree with Styxx. It's probably the buttons or wheels on your monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!