1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display Setting

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by zarniro, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarniro

zarniro Thread Starter

I am running Windows 98SE. Recently, the monitor display began resizing itself automatically; sometimes shrinking and sometimes expanding.

Black borders on the right and left sides shrink and grow depending on the application, page within application or web page. They range from 1/2" to 4". But the desktop's display is full width when I turn on the PC and stays that way.

The image is clear and text is readable. However, sometimes the vertical edges of the screens are not visible. For example, the top and bottom of IE 6's screen is never visible if "Maximum" is selected.

The virus definitions are up to date, and a complete Norton AV scan found no problems. Other than Windows Update and Norton AV definitions, no intentional changes were made to the system between the time the display was working ok and not.

Please help!

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Resizing on the monitor screen is done via the buttons on the monitor.

3. xico

xico

Yes, I would agree with Styxx. It's probably the buttons or wheels on your monitor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice