1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display settings OK/Apply timeout

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by hawc, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawc

hawc Thread Starter

In Vista when I select Control Panel> Adjust screen resolution I get the Display Setting Dialog box that allows me to select my monitors and then select the Resolution and/or if I want to make the monitor my main monitor/Extend the desktop onto this monitor and to Drag the icons to match the physical location of my monitors. All of this works fine... Except when I want to accept what I have done. I do this with the OK or the Apply buttons.

When either of these buttons are pressed the screen goes blank, there is a pause and one sees another screen that asks that you confirm these setting. For a time prior to a recent Microsoft Vista update, I had about 5 seconds to confirm my settings, but recently the time needed to complete this procedure has expanded and I now only get this screen for less than a second and I cannot press the necessary button fast enough to accept the new settings and the operation is defeated and the screen goes back to its original settings. Is there any way to extend this timeout or any other way to configure my multiple (three) monitors????

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Moved your thread from the Windows 7 to the Vista forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice