1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display settings?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BigTex, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Hey guys I've just added a workstation to the network, but my brain just went into retirement mode. I'm trying to add more color to this workstation. I went under Control Panel>Display>Settings and in the Colors options it's only giving me the options for 16 colors and I need, I beleive 32 or 64. Can I get some help?

2. lostoreador

lostoreador

I thought color availability was limited by the video capabilities of the onboard vga or video card.

you may only get to choose from 256 or 16 bit.

Have you tried changing the monitor properties, dim, contrast, etc.

3. kenneth2k1

kenneth2k1

Yeah, what type of video card is it? You might want to try installing/upgrading the video card drivers

4. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

If I knew how to send an attachment I would. That way everyone could see what I'm talking about.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice