1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display settings?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TanBrae, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TanBrae

TanBrae Thread Starter

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes...

I am using QuickBooks at work for bookkeeping. No problems until they sent the 2007 upgrade disk, and I installed it.

Now, there are some windows in which I cannot view the whole window. The right sides are "cut off"/not viewable. This is annoying because some of those areas have buttons I may need, yet I cannot read them, nor click on some of them.

I called QB tech support. Of course, I got a person whose native tongue is not English. Her solution (out of the book, I'm sure) was to change the display settings. I have my settings at 800 x 600. Anything larger than that makes everything appear smaller, and I cannot see things! (Typical, right?) We dickered about the settings - she wanting me to use 1152 x 864 (???HUH???, never, in all my computer years, have I ever seen that setting offered), which is QB's preferred display settings. She kept telling me to move the "arrow" to "between the lowest and next point".

That is where my question lies. IS there a way to manually adjust settings to something like QB "prefers"???

My monitor is by NEC. MultiSync LCD1735NXM. Is that the problem???

2. bonk

bonk Banned

You could try right clicking on the Icon for it and choosing properties and then click on the Compatibility tab

3. bonk

bonk Banned

The compatibility idea won't work....but think this problem has been here before

To resolve it I think we set the resolution to 1024 x 768 and the reason it had problems was not the resolution but screen adjustment

Check on your monitor for some adjustments

4. TanBrae

TanBrae Thread Starter

Setting my resolution to 1024 x 768 makes everything much smaller. I don't want to have to squint to see things! (this getting old crap is for the birds)

I don't know how to check on my monitor for some adjustments, other than right clicking on the desktop, choosing Properties, etc. When I go to Device Manager, click on Monitors, I don't get any adjustment options there, either.

Guess I'll just put up with it. I did send an email to QB telling them I'm not happy with their "preferred settings". Things were fine before the stupid upgrade.

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood...

change you settings to 800 X 600

The settings on the monitor if it has any will be on the front of the Monitor

6. TanBrae

TanBrae Thread Starter

but there is no way to change those settings on the front of my monitor, either. That, or I'm just missing it totally. I do have ability to change some settings there, but not the resolution. Maybe if I can find the instruction book, it'll tell me? ;-) Things have a tendency to disappear around here.

7. bonk

bonk Banned

Yes I know you can't change the Resolution through your monitor ....I meant use your PC for that.

But you might have some settings on the monitor for moving the screen left or right or similar.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice