1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Display won't appear on startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zcd5000, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zcd5000

zcd5000 Thread Starter

Hey, I think this is the right section...

I've just started up my computer and the screen won't come on. Although the shade of black appears to alter slightly just after being turned on. I've checked the cables, power to computer and monitor, both fine. The keyboard lights come on and the mouse light also comes on. I can hear the hard disk and fan whirring away too.

Before there was no display on startup, this occured after I had a problem with the graphics card the display would appear at the Win XP startup screen. I checked for viruses the last time that the computer was switched on, so it was clean.

Not really sure what else to try, short of taking it to a PC repair shop!

Thanks for your help!

Btw Spec is

2+ Ghz
    512 Mb RAM
    XP Home
    90 GB, 30 GB

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

How does it look when you start in Safe Mode ( Tap F8 repeately during boot )

3. zcd5000

zcd5000 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, the display is coming on now for some reason! I'll be back if it does it again!

Cheers!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!