1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

display

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cmartinpat, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmartinpat

cmartinpat Thread Starter

well this is going to be hard to explain I think because I dont know all that much computer
    lingo but here goes. Well the problem is that my computer will only stay on a 16 color
    640x480 display and its not in safe mode and if u change it says it has to restart to make
    the changes and it just restarts back to the 16 color carp. I have tried everything I know of
    can u help me?

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hello cmartinpat and WELCOME!!

Go to Device Manager / Display Adapter / Remove whatever is there and restart you computer. Then you will need to reinstall your Display/video adapter drivers.

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Spaceman

3. patch-man

patch-man

I'd start be reinstalling the drivers for your video card. If that doesn't work, please post the model of computer, type of video card, and OS that you are using.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice