1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Displaying group addresses

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DKTaber, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I don't think I've asked this before, but I don't remember getting an answer, and the issue resurfaced this morning. I used AOL from the early 90's until about a month ago when I went to broadband. One of the nicer features of AOL's e-mail is that when you put a group into the "To:" box, all of the INDIVIDUAL addresses showed. That made it possible to first put in the whole group, the selectively delete ones to which you didn't want the message to go.

With [email protected], I'm using OE (6.0) and have been frustrated by the fact that when you click a group, the only thing that shows up in the To: box is the group name, so there's no way to remove some addresses from the group for just that message...or is there, and I just haven't discovered it yet?

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

once you click send (to the outbox) or save as (draft)
    go to the folder and open it again, then you'll see the individual adressees
    delete as needed
    just make sure there is a ";" and a 'space' between each address
    ie
    [email protected]; [email protected]; etc.

3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip, Joe. Too bad one has to go through that to edit the addresses before sending. But I guess every system has it's quirks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice