Displaying more characters.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ceder

How do I make my computer display characters instead of those square place holders? I did it before a long time ago but I forgot how and I need to see more characters.

Can you ckarify what you mean by "characters"?

Do you mean "images" (pictures)?

What program are the square place holders appearing in?

If you're using widows XP, you've to go into the control panel then into the "language and regional settings"(my windows is in French, trying to translate the best).

Then click the language tab, check the two boxes and click apply. You can also click on the Advanced settings tab, and check the language the website page you're trying to view are. Then click apply and Ok. It might takes some minute, in some case it'll ask you to insert the Windows installation disk.

Let me known if you need further informations.

OR, you can just download alot of new text types to your hard drive which will interpert more charecters. i like www.dafonts.com though others also are very good. Just google and d/l.

ceder

I went to the region and language settings on the control panel. That is where I had gone before. All the texts available were installed already. I'll try downloading new text types.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online