1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Displaying on TV

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Ndemur007, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ndemur007

Ndemur007 Thread Starter

I just got a new laptop with windows XP and cannot figure out how to display the desktop on my TV. I got an S-video cord and connected them and went to settings/display/advanced and tried to click on TV but it says not connected, so I restarted and it still didnt work. How do I get this to work?

2. Sancho

Sancho

its hard to say without more information.

you may just need new drivers.

some laptops and video cards, have to have the tv hooked up to the laptop as it powers up so it will detect it.

some laptops you actually have to turn on mirroring or choose the output in the bios.

most newer laptops however have a special key, usually a secondary or 3rd based key. (you have to hold FN or some other key to hit them)....you know what i'm talking about the stuff written in a different color above the keys. This key changes from normal display to mirroring. my key says LCD/TV.

all laptops are different. maybe give the book a quick scan. or give post the model # of laptop and type of video card and i will look for more information.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice