DisplayLink help

joesjr

System Info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201008084655.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 104 GB (14 GB Free); D: 931 GB (896 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0JGKPC, ver A00, s/n /GH5VCQ2/CNCMC0086Q025C/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n GH5VCQ2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

1603894500028.png

With my two display set up, I had been experiencing a daily crash with errors occurring only on the display 3 side and have to reboot. I thought maybe the drivers were needing an update but after using the Dell website to update the driver (which may have been my first mistake), the resolution on display 3 is locked at 640 x 480 1|2 is set at 1920 x 1080.

Settings:
1603894759228.png

How do I correct the settings so both screens enjoy the same resolution as they had up until this morning?

About this time last year, I received links for updates but not all of them are active. The helpful tech suggested a firmware update, a Bios update and intel chipset driver update. The service tag for my laptop is GH5VCQ2. That thread is https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-displaylink.1235219/

Thank you for any insight you may be able to provide.

Oddba11

Jim
Multiple video chipsets in that model?

The resolution issue is a result of the monitor not being properly recognized. Shut down, disconnect the monitor, boot into Windows and reinstall the latest video drivers provided by Dell. After a reboot to complete the update process, shut down and reconnect the monitor. Then boot into Windows and see what happens.

*when reconnecting, ensure the cable is properly connected at both ends.

joesjr

Multiple video chipsets in that model?

The resolution issue is a result of the monitor not being properly recognized. Shut down, disconnect the monitor, boot into Windows and reinstall the latest video drivers provided by Dell. After a reboot to complete the update process, shut down and reconnect the monitor. Then boot into Windows and see what happens.

*when reconnecting, ensure the cable is properly connected at both ends.
Well, the resolution is back to normal but I still experience a crash, although less frequently now. Thank you for your suggestion. Would it be helpful to see a video of what I see when it crashes as it takes about a minute to completely crash before I am reboot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online