1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DisplayPort:No Signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marc28, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marc28

Marc28 Thread Starter

When I turn on my monitor a message appears that says “DisplayPort:No Signal.” I tested using a display port cable and a HDMI cable but both times the same message pops up. I made sure the cable “clicked” and unplugged and reconnected the cable several times but the message still came up. What could be the issue?

I just changed my power supply if that effects anything. I use an ASUS MG248 monitor.

2. RT

RT

Having had the same problem, switching and jiggling cables that worked sometimes, swapped video cards that also worked only sometimes. and eventually tracked it down to a poor GPU connection to the motherboard.
    That is to say in my case, it was a motherboard defect, but that was using a discreet GPU card, and not integrated graphics.

So, having said that, it could also be a defective connect on your monitor.
    I have an ASUS monitor also and called them about the problem, but they didn't help much.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Was this system working ok prior to changing the pw supply?
    Why exactly did you change the pw supply?
    It would really help if you posted ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, exact video card, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

4. Marc28

Marc28 Thread Starter

The system was working prior to changing the power supply. I changed the power supply from a non-modular to a modular one so that I can close the side panel. Everything turns on normally expect that now a "DisplayPort:No Signal" appears.

System Specs:
    Motherboard: MSI X99A Raider
    CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Ram: Patriot Viper 4 16GB
    Power power supply: EVGA Supernova 1000 G3
    Monitor: ASUS MG248Q

5. replay

replay

Does the video card need a power plug ????

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, the supernova series from evga is a very high quality unit [actually mfg by seasonic] It has to be something you did so go back and carefully recheck your work. Even something you did not work on could have been knocked loose while you were inside the case ie ram, video card, etc.
    While it is possible to receive a DOA pw supply, with a high end unit like this one, it is highly unlikely. Much more likely is you knocked something loose and or forgot the aux pw connector.

1 Does the system pw ON ie fans spinning, pw light ON, etc?
    2 Are you sure you plugged in the 4/8/12pin aux pw connector along with the 24pin atx pw connector?

Here is what I would do;
    1 Reseat both atx and aux pw connectors; be sure they are fully seated
    2 Reseat ram, video card; again be sure they are fully seated
    Pw ON and see if the system will POST

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice