1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Distinguishing between display inverter and inverter cable problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bozkurthatay, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozkurthatay

bozkurthatay Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Laptop... A week ago, my screen has started going black and coming back. Just two days ago, my screen went black and did not come back. I thought my screen was dead but then I figured that the back light of my screen was gone because when I look at the screen carefully, I barely see the things on my desktop....When I turn on my laptop, I can see my screen for 3-4 seconds, then it goes black again. Same thing happens when I log on after log off... It again gives me the light about 3-4 seconds after just logging on, then it goes black again. I finally opened up the screen, and found the display inverter... and it again gives me the light 3-4 seconds after I plugged out and plugged in the inverter cable. I am not sure whether the problem is the inverter itself of the inverter cable. I really need help.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It sounds like the inverter may be sensing an overload on its output(s) and shutting down after a few seconds. Some possible conditions causing it could be 1) the backlight lamp(s) failing, 2) arching of the inverter output cable to itself or the frame of the LCD panel, or 3) a failure of the inverter's overload sensing circuit that makes it think it is being overloaded, when it really isn't.

WARNING: Use extreme caution when working around a CCFL inverter with power applied to it. Portions of it will have hundreds of volts of electrical energy on it. You could receive a nasty (and possibly fatal) shock if you come in contact with the high voltage.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice