1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Distored Monitor few help me!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by I need help BAD, May 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need help BAD

    I need help BAD Thread Starter

    May 7, 2001
    OMG help help help!!! I was on my computer and the screen like switched and now the screen is distored and i can barely see anything!! There is like no way to fix this!!! Whats going on?!?! I am desperate for help, I am looking at tons and tons of sites but no one has a problem even closely remotely related to mine.

    The screen was normal but now is distored and odd shaped, the adjust screen things on my monitor don't work now!! Help I would consider you a god if you could help me!!!
  2. brianF


    Dec 2, 1999
    Calm down

    Go to start>controlpanel>system>device manager>click on display adapter, what does it say exactly

    Any yellow or red indicators in device manager

    Go to start>controlpanel>display>settings What is it set at, do you have options to change it.

    Go to start>controlpanel>display>settings>advanced>monitor tab, what does it say for installed monitor

    What video card do you have
  3. Junyr


    Apr 4, 2001
    Not sure what was happening when this happened to your display, but try booting up in safe mode. If the display is fine here the refresh rate probably got messed up.

    Assuming that it did boot up fine in save mode rightclick on a blank area of the desktop>properties>select the settings tab. Look around in here for something that says "refresh rate". There may be an "advanced" button on this window, the "refresh rate" setting could be in there.

    Anyway, once you find the refresh rate set it to either "optimal" or "default" then reboot.

    If it was the refresh rate that caused your display to get distorted this should correct it.
  4. Daveman1


    Jan 27, 2000
    This may sound a little too real wourld, but you didn't put a subwolfer or some big maganet next to your moniter did you.
    That while "fudge up" any kathode ray tube like your moniter, cause the electrons aimed at the screen will be redirected twards the maganet.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/43534

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice