Distorted audio

Anona44

So I've been having this problem for about 6 months now. Basically, when i play a game on steam certain games have a loud ear murdering distorted sound when it's audio plays. But with other games its completely fine and normal. But when i use something different like youtube or spotify, basically anything thats not a game i also get this same sound. My microphone also doesn't function at all.

The games that have normal audio are all similar and work properly, I've tried reinstalling drivers, resetting my laptop and headphones nor external microphones or speakers dont work either. I'd truly appreciate any assistance with this.

plodr

Liz
It would help if you posted the brand and exact model of laptop.
Since headphones, an external microphone and external speakers don't work, I'm guessing there is either a bad driver or a hardware problem with the audio chip.

Anona44

It would help if you posted the brand and exact model of laptop.
Since headphones, an external microphone and external speakers don't work, I'm guessing there is either a bad driver or a hardware problem with the audio chip.
Well the speakers are Realtek and the laptop is an MSI. But if it was a fault in the speakers themselves it should cause the distorted sound to be on everything audio related right?

Oddba11

Jim
So the audio issue occurs with the laptop speakers?

Headphones don't work at all, or they don't have the same problem?

Anona44

So the audio issue occurs with the laptop speakers?

Headphones don't work at all, or they don't have the same problem?
Yeah it happens when i connect headphones or speakers. I get the same sound.

Oddba11

Jim
Id suspect a hardware fault or possibly drivers.

Add in the fact that the mic doesn't work as well (assuming you know how and have properly configured the mic), I'd lean towards a hardware fault.

You can try manually updating or reinstalling the audio drivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online