Distorted Sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jvhelden

Distorted Sound
Problem: sound is distorted through speakers as well as earphone.
Problem occurred most likely after a Windows update.
The computer is a Dell Desktop with:
MS Windows XP SP3
Intel Celeron CPU 2.80 GHz,512 MB RAM,Intel82865G Graphics Controller

I haven't got a clue how to repair this problem. Is there anyone who could help me in this matter.
Thank you very much beforehand.
John

Do you have windows restore to the point where you didn't install the update then test it if it still distorted then it's most likely going bad. Sincerely Kenneth

jvhelden

Thank you for your quick reply Kenneth. I certainly will give this a try.
John

jvhelden

Thank you for your quick reply Kenneth. I certainly will give this a try.
John
After many attempts to restore the distorted sound it came clear that the problem was caused by a defect on the motherboard, which boils down to purchasing a new computer which in the meantime has been done.
Problem solved!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online