1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Distorted system sounds

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DanG, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanG

DanG Thread Starter

Getting distorted system sounds, for example, the 'ding' when you select the volume in the tray and sounds within programs like IE when you click on something. I then thought of the obvious culprit, the soundcard, especially as the same thing happens within Windows Media Player 9 (?-reason-?). However, i then tried an MP3 in Winamp and there was no distortion. This is what baffled me. The distortion is similar to a static kinda sound.
    can anyone help?? doing my head in every time i click my friggin mouse!
    I've never heard of this problem, let alone even had it myself, so i'm wondering if anyone can shed any light.

thanks.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Has this always been a problem? Or did it just start?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice