Distortion in highs on burned CDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LocustReign

I am burning mixes of classical music CD's using Nero Express 5, and I am getting distortion on the final CD in the high end/louder parts of music. This happens non with standing of what CD player I listen to the burn in. It appears as if it may be recording too loudly. Does anyone have any answers as to what may be causing this / what I can do to fix it? Thanks.

.ryan.

I don't know exactly how you are sourcing the music to compile your Cd's but I had a similar problem a while ago and found the sound was being recorded through the Stereo Mix option in Windows Volume Settings. The fault was in the software I was using but I was advised to use Audacity a free sound editor and although I was still using the Stereo Mix option (via Audacity) I was able to control the volume etc and thus obtained perfect results. It's worth a try, download here.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

MysticEyes

Banned

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Not that much. I still see a definite improvement when I record audio CD's at 4x or 8x vs higher speeds.

jiml8

JohnWill said:
Not that much. I still see a definite improvement when I record audio CD's at 4x or 8x vs higher speeds.
That seems odd. Do you have an explanation? Read errors shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't think; doesn't the drive checksum or parity check or some such on read?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Check some of the links I posted, they explain it much better than I can. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online