1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

divide overflow error

Discussion in 'Games' started by andygev33, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andygev33

andygev33 Thread Starter

I have a sony vaio pcg-fx215 laptop with an ati rage mobility m1 graphics card. the os has been upgraded from windows me to xp.
    I'm a big tomb raider fan and recently purchased tomb raider gold, and tomb raider II gold. t.r. II works just fine, but t.r. gold will not install or play. when i try to install, it locks up DOS and i have to hit the windows key and close the dos window.
    when i try playing from the cd without installing, i get a divide overflow error. HELP, please........:confused:

2. Alanspatz

Alanspatz

XP Does not really work with its dos. You might need to try the compatibilty wizard located in the actual properties of the setup program for tomb raider. Change it to Windows 98 or 95. That should fix that prob. You may need to do the wizard to the actual program after it is installed also.

aj

3. RT

RT

Hi andygev33,

Lots of folks have had trouble with TR1 and 2000/XP, but it can be done! It's just not as staightforward as it used to be under Win9X.

If you check this webpage from Glidos, it gives very explict instructions on installing (you have to do it from a command prompt), configuring, patching, etc.

http://www.glidos.net/install.html#insttomb

Let us know if it works for you.

4. RT

RT

Oh, BTW

You may NOT have to install the Glidos program...it will make TR1 look alot better, but you'll need to shell out $10 to get the logo off your screen.

The important thing is installing via the command prompt and going full screen, etc. Those instructions are there, in the link, just wade through it and follow the XP details.

Post back if you don't want to use Glidos or want help sorting it out.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice