1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Divx/AC3 .avi to something Mac compatible?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by omdown, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omdown

omdown Thread Starter

Okay, I have absolutely NO idea how to do much of anything when it comes to a Mac, so I could use a little advice with this. A friend of mine has gotten into making short films and such, and recently sent me a CD with a few of his works. The long and short of the story is, they're .avi files, and he's got them encoded with DIVX and AC3. My friend wanted me to make her a copy of the CD, but we quickly discovered that, oh yeah, Macs don't get along well with Windows stuff. I went out and downloaded DIVX for Mac. I had some trouble with getting AC3, but I figured I'd try opening the file just to see if it had video with no audio, but all I got was white.

So, what would you guys recommend as far as either stripping the codecs, or some other method of making the files Mac compatible? Like I said, when it comes to Mac, I'm a know-nothing. o_O

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice