DivX install help - critical error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pea203

I have tried to download DivX player, yet when I try to install I keep getting a "critical error" message directing me to download a different (offline) installer. When I do this, it very nearly downloads then I get a "download interrupted" error. I feel like I'm going round in circles!

I've done a bit of searching through google and the critical error seems to be a pretty common problem, yet I can't seem to find a solution. I'm running Windows 7 Home on a 4 week old laptop. This is the only time I've tried to install divx on it.

I'd appreciate any help at all!

pea203

Thanks for your response. It's the same installer, have tried just installing the codec pack a few times but still get the same error message.

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
Can you provide the exact error or a screenshot?

You could also simply switch to a different media player. I use KMPLayer, but VLC and MPCHC are also free.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online