1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

divx, media player, video plays incorrectly...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by musiclover, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. musiclover

musiclover Thread Starter

Last night I was watching some videos in widows media player. They were some videos my firend had on disk(The lord of the rings). Any-ways, we got to the second movie, and for some reason, the video won't play. We hear it, but we don't see it, and along the bottom of the player we see a message saying error downloading codec. So my friend goes looking for applicable dodecs for divx and xvid. After dowloading one of the xvid codecs, the movie plays, but the video aspect is slower than the audio aspect. This is true not only fot the new movie, but also for the movie that was working fine before. Help me please! I just want to be able to watch movies on my computer the way they were meant to be seen. Thanks so much!

2. musiclover

I should mention that the movie that initially would not play was in dvd/xvid format. I downloaded xvid codec of the net. It plays, but not at the proper speed, and the first movie does not play at the proper speed any more either. I don't know if this helps... please advise me.. please, please, please. This is a friends computer that I have messed up here.

3. musiclover

Please... Somebody help me out here!

4. musiclover

Is there no one out there who can offer the slightest suggestion as to how I might fix this problem.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    is the movie you mentioned burned onto a CD? If so then we cannot help you as it is against forum rules.

6. musiclover

no, the movie is on my friends hard drive.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Same difference, if it's downloaded, then there is no support for it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice