divx, media player, video plays incorrectly...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

musiclover

Last night I was watching some videos in widows media player. They were some videos my firend had on disk(The lord of the rings). Any-ways, we got to the second movie, and for some reason, the video won't play. We hear it, but we don't see it, and along the bottom of the player we see a message saying error downloading codec. So my friend goes looking for applicable dodecs for divx and xvid. After dowloading one of the xvid codecs, the movie plays, but the video aspect is slower than the audio aspect. This is true not only fot the new movie, but also for the movie that was working fine before. Help me please! I just want to be able to watch movies on my computer the way they were meant to be seen. Thanks so much!

musiclover

I should mention that the movie that initially would not play was in dvd/xvid format. I downloaded xvid codec of the net. It plays, but not at the proper speed, and the first movie does not play at the proper speed any more either. I don't know if this helps... please advise me.. please, please, please. This is a friends computer that I have messed up here.

musiclover

Is there no one out there who can offer the slightest suggestion as to how I might fix this problem.

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
is the movie you mentioned burned onto a CD? If so then we cannot help you as it is against forum rules.

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
Same difference, if it's downloaded, then there is no support for it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online