1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DIVX movie........... Help

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by C-Jack, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. C-Jack

C-Jack Thread Starter

I have very little knowledge about DIVX movies and wondering how I can go about playing them.

I have 17 Divx Movies (dvd) that they say require a registered DIVX player..... I belive that these are the kind that you "pay per use" Is there software that will allow me to play them (unlock) on my PC? or are they...junk?

2. Moby

Moby

Where did you get the movies from?

3. C-Jack

C-Jack Thread Starter

A friend that I work with bought them at a garage sale....not knowing that they were DIVX, He gave them to me thinking I might be able to do something with them.

4. Moby

Moby

I'll assume they are legal copies of something. If not we can help you no further.
    To view them download the DivX codec from here
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DivX_Free.htm
    It's been a while since I installed it but during the install process, choose the free version. You do not need the DivX player either if it dives you the choice as this will allow you to watch them through Windows Media Player.

5. C-Jack

C-Jack Thread Starter

Yes they are legal , Here is one of them

Attached Files:

• GD.jpg
      GD.jpg
      File size:
      121.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Moby

Moby

I see the small print on the back says it has a limited viewing period when new. You may be out of luck. You'll need that codec to try though.

7. C-Jack

C-Jack Thread Starter

When you buy these movies your machine is hooked to your phone line and you pay like $2.99 for a 48 hour period of unlimited vewing, then after 48 hours it becomes....a coaster until you pay another $2.99 From what i have found online. I was hoping someone has craked these things somehow.

By the way you cant even buy the DivX home players anymore...

8. Moby

Moby

Yes you can. DVD players are now more commonly having mpeg1, 2, 4, .avi etc playback. Mpeg 4 capable players play Divx movies.
    That's the illegal bit we can't help you with. Read the rules.
    ;)

9. C-Jack

C-Jack Thread Starter

I should have said, they dont provide the service anymore of paying for them......

10. Moby

Moby

I hope they were cheap from the garage sale ;)

11. ferrija1

ferrija1

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice