DIVX movie........... Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

C-Jack

I have very little knowledge about DIVX movies and wondering how I can go about playing them.

I have 17 Divx Movies (dvd) that they say require a registered DIVX player..... I belive that these are the kind that you "pay per use" Is there software that will allow me to play them (unlock) on my PC? or are they...junk?

C-Jack

A friend that I work with bought them at a garage sale....not knowing that they were DIVX, He gave them to me thinking I might be able to do something with them.

I'll assume they are legal copies of something. If not we can help you no further.
To view them download the DivX codec from here
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DivX_Free.htm
It's been a while since I installed it but during the install process, choose the free version. You do not need the DivX player either if it dives you the choice as this will allow you to watch them through Windows Media Player.

I see the small print on the back says it has a limited viewing period when new. You may be out of luck. You'll need that codec to try though.

C-Jack

When you buy these movies your machine is hooked to your phone line and you pay like $2.99 for a 48 hour period of unlimited vewing, then after 48 hours it becomes....a coaster until you pay another $2.99 From what i have found online. I was hoping someone has craked these things somehow.

By the way you cant even buy the DivX home players anymore...

By the way you cant even buy the DivX home players anymore...
Yes you can. DVD players are now more commonly having mpeg1, 2, 4, .avi etc playback. Mpeg 4 capable players play Divx movies.
I was hoping someone has craked these things somehow
That's the illegal bit we can't help you with. Read the rules.
;)

C-Jack

I should have said, they dont provide the service anymore of paying for them......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts