1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dlink DI-604 router to router connection help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by slap2dgroove, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slap2dgroove

slap2dgroove Thread Starter

Im running an internet cafe and having problems right now coz i cant figure how to connect both Dlink DI-604 router together. Yes, I have 2 routers with both different internet connections but with the same provider and with this im running my internet cafe with 2 servers. Now, i just want it to run with one server but im having problems with the two routers coz i dont know how to set it up and i just cant discard my other internet connection if i just run it with one router. Because the greatest internet connection here in my province so far is only 1 mbps!!!

I appreciate any kind of help and suggestions... And sorry for my bad english... Thank you very much...

2. slap2dgroove

Dlink DI-604 router to router connection help Im running an internet cafe and having problems right now coz i cant figure how to connect both Dlink DI-604 router together. Yes, I have 2 routers with both different internet connections but with the same provider and with this im running my internet cafe with 2 servers. Now, i just want it to run with one server but im having problems with the two routers coz i dont know how to set it up and i just cant discard my other internet connection if i just run it with one router. Because the greatest internet connection here in my province so far is only 1 mbps!!!

I appreciate any kind of help and suggestions... And sorry for my bad english... Thank you very much...

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I'm going to watch this one carefully because I can't see how this can be done. I thought about suggesting a Network Bridge in the server but I suspect if one router ships a slightly higher or lower rate than the other, the entire connection will fall over.

In any event, joining the two won't give you twice the speed - 1mbps is all you're still going to get. Can you not just connect one of the computers in the Café to one of the connections?

By the way - your English is fine.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Both connections need the same SSID, netkey etc.

I would probably opt for Cisco EQ, better support and they have devices for every need, instead of rigging two low end residential devices.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I've merged your threads. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

6. slap2dgroove

Thanks for the suggestion! I already did connect one of the connection to my server and the other to the computers but my customers are complaining about lag of the online games. So, now I used both routers again and back to my recent setup...

7. slap2dgroove

Thanks for the suggestion! Ill research and will try to learn about it... Ill update with it soon...

8. slap2dgroove

Im so sorry about it... I first posted on the wrong section and realized it later thats why I had multiple post... Please warn me if I did something wrong again...

9. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I hope looserOlimbs Cisco equipment suggestion does it for you but frankly, gaming on a 1Mb connection is never going to meet most gamers high expectations.

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No problem. When I saw them they were both in Networking; somebody must have already moved the first one. FYI, in case it happens again, you can just click on Report and ask for your thread to be moved to whatever forum you prefer.

11. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

2MB behind a load balancing router might make it manageable... 2MB is really fine for most games, latency is the real killer. Which again, a good solution would be a devices built for these environments.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice