1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dlink DIR 615 - Can't view streaming videos

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Andrew2008, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andrew2008

Andrew2008 Thread Starter

I have a DLink DIR 615. And even after I and the DLink technician made the following changes to the router configuration, I still can't view the streaming videos either via my desktop (wired) or my laptop (wireless). But if I connect either one of it directly to the cable modem then I'm able to view the streaming videos.

I made the following changes to the router configurations.

advanced -> advanced network ->
    WAN port speed: 10Mbps
    Enable Multicast Streams: checked
    Enable UPnP: unchecked

Do you have any ideas?

This is what I try to access

www.bfmmm.com
    click on the Web TV link at the lower left hand side
    the streaming videos should start shortly. I selected the cable modem speed to view the streaming videos.

Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think I'd reset it to factory defaults and start over. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware loaded, my DIR-615 was a pig with the initial firmware. I have no issue streaming video through mine, FWIW.

3. Andrew2008

I reset it already and also upgrade the firmware to the latest version but the problem still exists. Can you view that website I mentioned through your DIR 615?

4. JohnWill

Yep, that link works fine for me.

5. Andrew2008

Is it possible if you can let me know what configuration changes you made to your DIR 615 please? I'm using the latest firmware.

Thanks

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

No configuration changes for me on my DIR 615 and it works just fine.

7. JohnWill

Same here, I didn't do anything special to make it work.

8. badness

badness

I just tried to go to the site via Firefox, and it deemed the site an attack site. Last nite, Camino did go to the site, but I couldn't make the movie work. Seemed like a scam to me.

9. Nomad559

Nomad559

I am having a similar problem with this router, I can not stream music from the Comcast Music Choice web site.
    http://www6.comcast.net/music
    I can view the music videos fine, but all of the music channels are not working.

I can stream music from other music web sites, It's just not working with the Comcast Music Choice web site.

I can also stream videos from most video sites, but I have found that I can not stream videos from some web site.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/737417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice