1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DLINK DWL-G122 problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by shawgo, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shawgo

shawgo Thread Starter

It works great on my old dell with winxp home, but when I try to install my DWL-G122 on my new media center PC, it won't work. I downloaded the apropiate drivers from the DLINK website, and it looks like the install goes on without a problem, but it won't do anything when I plug in the wireless adapter.

I noticed that on the old PC, when I plug in the adapter for the first time, and the automatic hardware installation window pops up, it show the full name of the device, but on my new one, it just says "USB Device"

It's a D-LINK DWL-G122 A2

Is there some setting I could change to make this work right?

I really wish I could find the install CD.

2. 220volt

220volt

Looks like your media center is not recognizing your wireless adapter or you need to install additional support drivers for your USB device. That should be on your install CD and wireless adapter should have its own cd.
    If you cannot find install cd i would pay a nice stroll to google and seacrh for drivers.

Hope it helps.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

What does device manager show for the USB Device that is listed? Is it showing a conflict? is it showing unsupported drivers? maybe point these to where you uncompressed the downloaded drivers.

4. shawgo

shawgo Thread Starter

I tried finding additional drivers on the web to no avail. I probably just don't know what to look for.

The Device Manager shows "USB Mass Storage Device" and three instances of "USB Root Hub" Those are the only ones that weren't there when I did a fresh reinstall of windows.
    I don't have a usb drive, so maybe it thinks my wireless adapter is a thumb drive?

I have finally received a reply from DLINK tech support, but I haven't had my problems solved by tech support before. We'll see how this pans out, and i'll update y'all on the situation.

Thanks for the help, i'll probably need more. :)

5. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Johnwill posts on a USB device refresh of your system... You may want to search the forums for it (I have to get going to a meeting) and see if you can run this fix on your USB devices and then reinstall it. This has a good success rate.

6. shawgo

shawgo Thread Starter

ok, thanks, i will try that.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice