1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dlink or Linksys Print Server?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lschul, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I just hooked up a Dlink print server and it is working good, but I have a Linksys wireless card and I really like it. I am thinking about getting the Linksys print server just because of the brand name and because it is a newer model/design than the Dlink. Any opinions?

2. isotonic_uk

isotonic_uk

I recommend the linksys, as we have had Dlinks in in our school and they have given us more problems.

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Thanks that may be the way I go. I have an actiontec DSL modem and I figured why not use an actiontec wireless card, wrong - it gave me so many problems. I got this Linksys wireless card and it works EVERY TIME so I think well that may be the way to go. Plus the print server I am looking at is their newest so I bet it is a good one.

4. gsmitheman

gsmitheman

I have a dlink print server and it works fine.

You claim your dlink print server also is "working good". I would wait for it to have problems myself, before replacing it.

The linksys product can only be improved or get cheaper while you are waiting for your dlink to screw up.

Just another opinion

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice