1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dlink problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by HOLDAINORM, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HOLDAINORM

HOLDAINORM Thread Starter

my dlink wireless usb adapter suddenly stopped receiving signals from my dlink router.i reinstalled updated drivers but to no avail. cannot open dlink icon on desktop either.
    also tried a linkys adapter with no luck. what am i missing?

2. jhoegl

jhoegl

more information :)

Does your computer recognize the DLink when plugged in via usb?
    If it does, what does it say it is in device manger, is it a yellow question mark, a big red x, or an yellow exclimation mark on the icon?
    Is there another way to connect, like through ethernet cable?
    What did you install previous to this issue occuring? Anything you installed that day would be helpful.

3. HOLDAINORM

Dlink Is Installed. However I Had To Reinstall Manually. No Marks On Icon. The Day It Stopped Working I Had It Unplugged For A Few Minutes To Download Pictures From A Kodak Camera. Plugged The Dlink Back In & Hasn't Worked Since

4. onsite

onsite

Is this in a pc or notebook. My Church has a wireless network. When I took it over they had numerous linksys usb wireless network cards. One by one i replaced them as they broke. The company i work for does not buy usb wireless cards after failures. So it may be yours has failed. Try installing it on another PC.

5. HOLDAINORM

Mine Is A Pc. Usb Adapter Works In Other Computers, I Tried A New One, It Also Would Not Work.

6. onsite

onsite

Did you try uninstalling it in device manager ?

7. HOLDAINORM

Yes, I Tried That Too. I Tried A Linkys Upb Adapter Also But It Would Not Install Without Codes From My Router Which I Could Not Get.

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Why can't you get codes from the router? If you've forgotten the encryption key, just create a new one and update all the clients with the same key. Then, write it down and tape it to the bottom of the router, you won't forget it again.

Since you uninstalled the other adapter, you have the same issue of knowing the encryption keys, how did you manage to get around that?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice