1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dlink router and bigpond Sierra 320U

Discussion in 'Networking' started by inneedofhelp01, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. inneedofhelp01

inneedofhelp01 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, in need of serious help, I have a sierra320U my net provider is bigpond. its a dongle and I want to use a router which I purchased a Dlink DWR-113.

It connects and my tablet picks up that there is a wifi available it also connects to it but we are unable to use the internet.

I talked to Dlink which proved to be worthless they told me I need to configure my sierra 320U, after talking to big pond they tell me nothing so now i am really stuck..

if anyone can give me some steps to follow and if anyone knows the DNS servers that would be great as no one is helping.

also should a 3/4G be set at WCDMA/HSAP - in router settings?

Thank you in advance I am very greatful for any help or guidance.

Sorry I should have put that I have the router connected to my desktop and basically trying to get the net to work on there and have wifi for my tab.
    The router itself has the power button green, the wifi green, the number 1 is green but the world is not lighting up..
    I put the ethernet in the 1 port not the WAN Port.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I looked at the list of "dongles" compatible with the D-Link DWR-113 and did not see the Sierra 320u. Was I looking at an outdated list? Is there maybe a D-Link firmware update needed for compatibility?

3. inneedofhelp01

inneedofhelp01 Thread Starter

hi,
    I thought the sierra 320U was compatable, if i download the firmware what will that do?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know. Is there a new version? Any release notes for it? If the Sierra 320U is compatible maybe new firmware will fix whatever problem you are having. If D-Link didn't even know about the Sierra 320U when the DWR-113 was originally developed maybe a firmware upgrade adds the compatibility you were led to expect. Maybe it will do nothing. Check with D-Link if you have a reference that says it is compatible. This list does not include it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice