.dll error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hamill

When attempting to install a new software program I get a .dll was not found. It happens on several different programs. Not just one.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks,
Hamill

Hamill
Can you give some specific program names and .dll names. It may help narrow down the problem. The dll error will have more detail
and specifically list a xxxxx.dll
Dave

Hamill

For example if I am installing IE 5.5 iget get missing .dll it does not name a specific dll file. It just wont let me procede with the install.

Hamill
Ok. In order to have something to work with go back to the MS Update site and start another IE5.5 download and copy exactly what the error message you receive is. Something is missing here.
There can be several items that can prevent downloads.
Did this problem just recently happen? Did you download something else or install something recently that you can think of.
Also give us which OS you are running.....Win95-98-98se so on.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online