1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DLL GB PLUGIN error on start up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bambos33, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambos33

bambos33 Thread Starter

[​IMG] DLL GB PLUGIN error on start up
    Hi there everyone, good to meet you - this is my first thread so here goes !...

I've seen a similar thread put up a few days ago but as this is a different error message, I'm not sure whether the same solution will apply.

Every start up results in this error message:

" Error loading C:\Program files\GbPluggin\gbiehdst.dll"
    The specific module could not be found.

AVG 8 doesn't pick anything up. I've run run a registry fix with CCleaner ( allowed it to fix all problems it found) and kept a back up and also deleted an improcserver 32 key that may have been a virus - nothing has changed. I have now restored the 32 key. ( by the way - I have no idea what this key is or what its for, I just came across these instructions in a thread somewhere)

I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I use Hijack - what is it and is it necessary?
    OS is XP.
    Any ideas?

Many thanks

2. Ingraved

Ingraved

Well after a quick googling it seems that it is a malware/spyware type file.
    According to forum rules i cant give you advice on how to remove it.
    But if you know how to remove it or have software that does this try running those.

3. bambos33

bambos33 Thread Starter

Thank you, I will run Hijack first and post the results to see if this helps.
    All the best - thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!