Dll Poblem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bill lee

I had to reinstall paperport visioneer and received a message that a DLL file was missing. my previous installation worked fine.
I also downloaded musicmatch beta 7 today and received the same message, that a DLL file was missing. Could my hard drive be corrupted? How do I fix?

Bill
There are many dll's involved in software programs. We will have to know which dll's the system is saying are missing and also supply the following.
Which OS are you running Win98,98SE,ME so on, also which visioneer scanner do you have.
Dave

bill lee

I have WIN 98 4.10.98
I have visioneer scanner 6100 usb
when I booted up the musicmatch stated dll error
message and I had to delete about 20 error messages to clear the screen. Was really a mess so I uninstalled the program.
Uninstalled visioneer too. strange because the original installation worked but I had to reinstall when I changed to a Western Digital 40 G hard drive and cant tie my 6 G to work with
the new drive

Bill
There is no reason the Visioneer should not work with the new hard drive. You may of not uninstalled or installed properly.
Visoneers are very fussy about the sequence of software install.
The paperport software must be installed before the scanner is hooked up. Since the install is partial you will have to uninstall and then reinstall.
Here is the how Visioneer wants you to uninstall the software.
Visioneer website Click Here.
Once there scroll down and click on Tech info, once at tech info click on software install, once there click on uninstall paperport.
Print and follow all the instructions to the end since the Twain and other items will have to uninstalled. After completion of uninstall, follow the instructions on how to install. One of the first cautions is do not hook up scanner until after paperport is installed or the drivers will be wrong or missing.
As far as the drives when you installed the 40GB drive and then installed the 6GB drive did you check the jumpers on the drive for slave and master.
Dave

bill lee

tried to install visioneer from their web page still get message
a required DLL file SSLIB32.DLL was not found ???:

Bill
If you followed the instructions to removing all the suggested entries and then followed the reinstall procedures then try this.
Lets find out if the SSLIB32.DLL is part of the paperport software.
You will need the visioneer CD. Insert the CD into your ROM and make sure you hold the shift key down so the CD does not auto start.
Once green light goes out on ROM click on windows explorer and navigate to the drive that has the CD in it. Once there select click search and type in SSLIB32.DLL and enter.
Does the search find the dll file on your cd?
Dave

bill lee

I followed your instructions. dont have a green light on my cd
rom but waited sufficient time. dont have select search but used desktop find, typed in SSLIB32.DLL and it searched but found nothing. I suspect that must be the same problem with musicmatch. Another problem now shows up. When I go to this web site I get the message that a internet script error has ocurred. I must enter yes to "do you wish to continue?" then do it again. I'm about ready to wipe out the c drive and reinstall windows 98. I'm 80 years old and maybe getting a little slow on the uptake but keeps life interesting. I have an IBM aptiva 300 mhz. maybe the 40 G hard drive is too much. Please advise.

Bill
The script error is usually the websites problem and not yours.
If you go to internet options/advanced you will find a switch under browsing that will allow you to disable script debugging.
As for the missing dll I am at a loss. The dll is available at three different websites. You can download it but I am at a loss at why you could not find it on the install CD from visioneer. SSlib32.dll is a required file for paperport to work. Navigate to C:\program files\visioneer\paperport\config\ereg and see if the dll is listed there. If it is it may be corrupt and should be set to SSlib32.old
and aquire a copy from one of the site listed to replace it. If it is not there also aquire a copy of it.
The three sites are.....
http://www.lifesci.utexas.edu/staff/zain/PAPRPORT/Config/Ereg/
http://acqua1.8m.com/flsasz.htm
http://www.computer-help.com/dlls_s.htm
Lastly if you are currently running on the 40GB hard drive now what size does windows see it as? If it says 40 or close to 40 your drive is fine.
Dave

bill lee

Thanks for your info. Will work on all your suggestions
might take me a while will let you know

bill lee

I followed your instructions but could not get rid of the DLL problem. I finally contacted Visioneer and explained the problem. They had me reinstall the disk in the safe mode using certain instructions. It took 2 times but finally success.
I cant get that "an error has occurred in scripts on this page"
I only have this notice in the tech guy web site. So far all other sites are ok. I cant get the browse button in the advanced site. What am I doing wrong???
I want to thank you for all the help. When in trouble this is the place to visit. THANKS

Hi Bill. Do you use Internet Explorer? If so, what version? To turn off Script Debugging: Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options. Click on the Advanced Tab. Scroll down to "Disable Script debugging" and make sure the box is checked. While you're in there you might also want to uncheck "Display a notification about every script error."
Let us know if you are not using Internet Explorer.
Hope you are having a good weekend. :) sharon

bill lee

Hi Sharon: did what you suggested. have aol with internet explorer 5.5 checked the 2 options THanks!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online