1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dll register

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 4sweetpeas, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4sweetpeas

4sweetpeas Thread Starter

:confused: ok, at start up when everything is opening up i get this message "procedure entry point get process image file nameW could not be lacated in the dynmic link library PSAPI.DLL"
    What does that mean and how do i fix it.
    also when i tried to run it said this " was loaded, but DLL register server entry point was not found this file can not be registered."
    what can i do about this?
    i use windows xp
    thank you

2. Rainbow32

Rainbow32

First thing I would do is look in startups for anything that maybe connected with this. Look in Msconfig>startups.

3. Emtronics

Emtronics

4. 4sweetpeas

thank you i will give it a try.

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

6. 4sweetpeas

thank you, i've downloaded it and used the unzip thing but what do i do next when i click on it it askes "open with" and i don't know what to do after that. help!
    thank you

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You have to have a program that will unzip the archive files .zip Try this one

http://www.7-zip.org/

Print the page out I believe it has instructions on how to use it.

8. Emtronics

Emtronics

You don't open .dll files. You have to place it in a directory, sometimes the Windows/System32 directory. You don't need an unzipping utility because XP has one built in it. I was hoping you read some of those links I provided to see if your problem was there. Simply downloading a .dll file isn't always the cure as you have to know where the .dll file goes. It's better to know what software is looking for the .dll file. This type of error almost always occurs when you remove software incorrectly. It might be that if some software was removed, an item may be still listed in the Startup Folder and Windows can't find the software to start it, thus the error.

9. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

THanks I will try and get to a reading class soon.

10. 4sweetpeas

makes sense, thank you. i will look around and see what i can find.
    thank you

11. 4sweetpeas

found it and took care of it. no more error window popping up at startup. thank you for your time.

12. Emtronics

Emtronics

Glad you found it?? Please post and let us know what exactly you did in case someone else has this problem, they too can benefit from the info.

13. 4sweetpeas

when looking at the error window i wrote down the title where it was coming from and typed it in the search file box and deleted what i didn't need and also had to delete from the add/delete programs. and now no more pop up errors when starting up my computor. (i didn't need that program anymore) everything is working fine now.
    thanks

14. Emtronics

Emtronics

Great and thank you for posting back. This might be helpful to others with the same problem. Like I posted before, this type of problem is almost always due to improperly un-installed software.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/470626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice