dll won't run under user

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnston

I have just deployed my first W2K PC's. My company naturally chose the department with the most varied software selection to start with. I have one program (Bentley Projectwise) that will not run under a user's account. If I give the user admin authority or log in as admin it runs. The exact error message is "OS could not load c:\Program Files\Bentley\PWExplorer\bin\dmawin.dll, error 5. Unable to load Dynamic Link Module dmawin."

I have tried giving the user rights to the entire Program Files directory and several other folders and even tried using the registry to give them rights to the actual program but without any results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Terry Johnston:mad:

Brooks

Did you try giving them power user rights to the local machine?

Check the event viewer to see if it gives an event ID. Maybe that could tell you more.

Other than that, I would contact Bentley, because this appears to be some very specialized software.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online