1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by little_momma92, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. little_momma92

little_momma92 Thread Starter

i have a box that wont go away it is a Watch box with a flying window at the top it says this program has performed an illagel operation and will be shut down quit all programsand then restart your computer if the problem persists contact the program vendor. well i did what it said and its still ther? help me get that box to go before i go nuts

ok i have the box all the time, i did install the Norton virus disk, but still i have the box.:confused:

2. Rockn

Rockn

I have da box all da time too.....WHAT BOX are you referring to?

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

little_momma92, if this is the standard windows "illegal operation" message, it should have a "details" tab. Click on that and you will see some modules and error address listed such as:

EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
    module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff9d709

Please copy that exactly for us and post it.

Does it happen as soon as you boot up, or after you run a program or start Internet Explorer?

5. little_momma92

hi ; the box pops up when ever i use the computer and it stays there. when i hit the details button it says....watch caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL.Dll at 0177; bff8836d i dont know what any of that is and i`m also having trouble figureing out how to use this help line???? i`m not stupid i`m just old and dont know to much about computers

6. little_momma92

:eek: can it be fixed????

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

We need to figure out what's causing it first. It is going to take a bit of work. Here is what I want you to do.

>> go to Start and click RUN, Enter: msinfo32

>> when it opens, click (select) Software Environment, then Startup Programs.

>> with Startup Programs highlighted, click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy

>> now come back here and post a reply, right click on a blank area of the message window and select "paste". The copied text should appear.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice