1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dllhost.exe

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sjmaiolo87, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjmaiolo87

sjmaiolo87 Thread Starter

I had the dllhost.exe worm/virus/malware, what-ever it is, on my computer. i knew where it came from right away and deleted those files. My cpu was dragging, 100% cpu usuage. had like 5 minutes every time i restarted to find the issue. took all night but i had found that dllhost.exe was running super fast and that there were 2 of them. well, i terminated them both and that ended my problem.... almost. i'm into pc games sometimes and i went to play rome total war and it would not save at all. so i uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. it saved the 1st time, then the same error message "cannot save on disk" popped up. i guess i could have posted this in a different forum but i think it's related to my previous problem. i read into it quite a bit recently and i'm pretty sure only one of those dllhosts was the problem while the other was safe and needed for proper cpu management. only weird thing is i got another program files folder. its called "program files (x86)" thought that was strange so i included it. also i forget which one it is, but when i had a program in one of those program files folders it would not run at all claiming it wasn't even on my computer. this issue isn't too serious because i know my computer isn't in horrible shape but i hope i don't have to do major changes in order to get dllhost up and running, because from what i read, i need it running. any assistance with this issue is appreciated. thank you.

2. sjmaiolo87

sjmaiolo87 Thread Starter

i forgot to include that everything else is running in good order currently.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice