1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DllRegisterServer entry point not found

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by salpern, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. salpern

salpern Thread Starter

When I try to register mshtml.dll, I get a message that says "mshtml.dll loaded, but DllRegisterServer entry point not found." I've searched everywhere for a solution but have gotten nowhere. Help! I can't update (or even register, after reinstalling, IE7 - not to mention uninstalling and trying to get IE6 back. Please email me at [email protected] - unless this site also sends an email. Sandee

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

What is The Actual Problem .... Are Windows Update Not Installing

3. salpern

salpern Thread Starter

That's right - I can't use Microsoft Update - it won't, apparently, connect. I also couldn't ping the site, but I suppose Microsoft might have blocked pinging.

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

5. devil_himself

devil_himself

The DLL In Question is not a COM nor an ActiveX component.

COM and ActiveX components have registration -->DllRegisterServer and unregistration -->DllUnregisterServer functions that are called By --> Regsvr32.

6. salpern

salpern Thread Starter

I got your link - will explore. Thanks.

7. salpern

salpern Thread Starter

I did all you suggested on that page and I still can't reach www.update.microsoft.com, either via the Windows Update web page or by pinging. You told the other person that "the local Windows Update engine files" might be corrupted. I changed the two file names you suggested - was that the same thing? Please advise, what do I do now?

8. devil_himself

devil_himself

9. ignatiusp

ignatiusp

When I try to register mshtml.dll, I get a message that says "mshtml.dll loaded, but DllRegisterServer entry point not found."
    -- Removed IE7 and Windows Desktop Search. I was bale to connect and update MS updates with IE6

10. salpern

salpern Thread Starter

It took a Microsoft Tech at 800-PCSAFETY to figure it out, but, as it turned out, I downloaded a too-early version of Eset's NOD32 antivirus, version 3.0, which I have since reinstalled (the updated version) and is working well, As a temporary fix, I uninstalled the defective upgrade and installed version 2.7 and, about 6 weeks later, reinstalled the upgrade which is now working quite well. All that happened in January and February. It is now August. Even the Microsoft tech had difficulty resolving the problem: I'm glad they don't charge for problems with Windows Update/Microsoft Update. It took a while!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/676726