1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dlna problem over land and wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Navein, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

Sir
    I have a problem.....i can use dlna(allshare) on my tv when i connect it to lan.....i can stream videos from my laptop when both tv and lap are connected to router via lan...but when i use wifi on laptop and tv being connected to lan itself, i cant detect the tv and vice versa....also i cant se the tv on the allshare app or any dlna appon my fone (note 2)too.....dlna works when both devices are connected to lan or when both are connected to wifi...but cant detect the devices in dlna apps when one is connected via lan and other by wifi....it seems like it is connected to 2 different networks..it makes no sense....my lan ip on tv is 192.168.1.2 and wifi ip on laptop is 192.168.1.3....i can ping both from my laptop....my router is ZTE ZXDSL 531B....plz help immediately......:(:(:(
    Yours truly
    Navein

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    some routers have a setting to enable/disable sharing between wireless and lan
    also some router just dont work correctly and allow sharing wireless to lan and i know one of the Huawei routers has a talktalk firmware that has this feature

i'll see what i can find on the ZTE ZXDSL 531B router

edit
    cant find a english manual yet

3. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    that user manual is not showing me the setting i had hoped to see ... have a look through each section and see if you notice anything that mentions isolating the wireless from the ethernet (WLAN from LAN )

5. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

Sir is it this option? I found it in the router settings. ...client isolation. .?[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yes, looks like the sort of thing- but I cannot see all the page - so most of the paragraph is missing - although it does no tlook like its set to isolated - maybe another option in the router settings
    can you post all the page ?

7. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

Yes sir..here is the full router settings. .I am uploading in dropbox...
    http://db.tt/oChCLKzd
    Yours truly
    Navein

8. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

Sir...Please reply. ..am waiting. ..:confused::confused:

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you have mac filtering on - I would disable that and see if that resolves the issue
    also
    access control - can we see a screen shot 55/61 of the dropbox

10. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

Oh ok Sir. ..I think I have disabled the Mac filtering option and tried. ....I will try again. ...here is the screen shot..:):):):)
    [​IMG]

11. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

I have tried disabling mac filtering and enabled client isolation. ....but still no luck....not finding again. ...

12. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    This is my tv's mac id....Internet is show n connected...can see the mac id on router...[​IMG]

13. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

The tvs mac id was showing in dhcp also.. (although the name of device was empty) but now after enabling client isolation tvs id is not shown in dhcp anymore. .

14. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sounds like you have covered most things- it may just be a bug in the firmware

15. Navein

Navein Thread Starter

So what to do sir? And another thing I noticed ...I used smart remote app for my Samsung tv on my fone...lan connected to tv and fone via wifi...when I opened the app...I had to manually enter ip adresss if rhe tv and it works fine..that means connections are all right..right? .. but it wont find automatically. ..but I guess there are no dlna apps where we can manually enter ip adresss:eek::eek:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice