1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DMZ Problems for Belkin N Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by shoeboxpenguin, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shoeboxpenguin

shoeboxpenguin Thread Starter

Hi everyone. My router is a Belkin N Wireless Router model number F5D8233-4-v1(01A). It's upgraded to the latest firmware. My problem occurs when I put my PS3 in the DMZ, it cuts off internet access to all the other computers on the network. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd reset to factory defaults and reconfigure. Obviously, that is not normal behavior! :)

3. shoeboxpenguin

shoeboxpenguin Thread Starter

Didn't seem to work, I tried only changing what I needed but as soon as I turned the DMZ on, the wired computer stopped working, so I just restored my settings.

4. wizardjimmy

wizardjimmy

erm...if i not mistaken, isn't a DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) is used to only allow a single IP address (single computer) to access the internet?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The DMZ allows exposes the single computer directly to the internet, no ports are blocked. However, other machines on the router still have Internet access.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/680792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice