1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DNS Error only in OSX 10.5.8 but in PC (XP) works fine (same shared router internet)!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Drigo, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drigo

Drigo Thread Starter

Hello,
    I've struggled all night to find a solution to this problem but I dont see to find the answer. I share a router with my roomates and we both have macbooks. I also have an additional PC.

When I tried accessing certain websites (for example: www.rapidshare.com or my.calendar.net) from the macbooks I get a DNS error:

DNS ERROR - cannot find server.

Also next to the address bar is shows me that "the website does not support identity information". However, it works fine with my PC when I enter the address. I tried flushing the arp cache using the following commands:

sudo arp -d -a and
    dscacheutil -flushcache

but the problem persists. In addition, I did a tracert command in my PC to find the IP address. I typed the ip address in the macbook computer and it work perfectly.

First, I thought it was my macbook but the problem is the same in my roommates. Also, I thought (for some reason) I got the adress blocked but it works in my PC.

So I am assuming its my router (DI-2254) but I reset it and nothing. I suspect it has to be with my PS3 that I used when trying to play online but I doubt it.

?? Any solutions ????

Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/878315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice