1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DNS error

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dreamy eyes, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dreamy eyes

Dreamy eyes Thread Starter

i have installed DNS in windows server 2003 and its not working for some reason, an error occur saying DNS is installed but the service is not available. Does anyone know what is exactly causing this problem and how i will be able to fix it.

someone plz reply asap :(
    Thanks alot

2. Kirok

Kirok

I'm normally not this abrasive but what?

• If your a networking student then you would have been given exposure to this already or handy pointers where to look
    • If your in a small business with no dedicated IT you'd most likely be using SBS which does it for you
    • I really hope your not an IT guy
    Having said all that I'm guessing that although the service is installed its not been configured. Configure the computer name, setup the connection to point to the server. Go into the DNS snap and set up the zones or configure it as a resolver or caching only.

Failing that and if I have over reacted post again.

3. Dreamy eyes

Dreamy eyes Thread Starter

Mr Kris,
    you could have just answered the question without being rude?
    and if the question was too stupid for you, you could have just ignore it.
    anyway, thanks

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have to agree Kirok, please don't inject personal insults into the threads. If you can answer the technical question, go for it. However, keep the personalities out of the responses.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice