dns error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gaftop1

have a shop about 300 yards from my house network . put a linksys router setup as a repeater to pick up the house network signal. the router says i've joined the network both my desktop and laptop say i've joined the network but we are not getting internet. at the bottom of the page it says dns error.

help!

Have you tried to do a DNS flush? (run, cmd>ipconfig /flushdns>enter)
Vicks

gaftop1

isn't it the router that's causing all computers from not working? or does it flush the router too? not too up on networking.

I didn't understand that this was on all pcs.
Have you tried resetting the router?
Vicks

TerryNet

Terry
Not going to hurt doing the flushdns. Maybe all computers have the same problem. :)

Let's see for one of the PCs ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

gaftop1

another tid bit of information. on the linksys wrt54g tm router there are a small green power light, a small green wireless light, and a large white wireless light. the 2 small green lights are on the large white is not.

TerryNet

Terry
Unusual (to me) for there to be more than one wireless LED. What do those conditions indicate?

gaftop1

this is the actual error on the wireless computer "res://c: \windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/dns error.htm" not sure of the spaces

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online