DNS Issue?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ban0kles

Hey guys,

Recently (within the last 2 days) I've been unable to download or run game clients and have had issues accessing multiple web pages although web pages run smoothly. I've tried resetting my router, flushing my DNS and nothing seems to work. I'm using a wireless router and all computers connected have the same issue. I've tried connecting directly to the modem using an ethernet cable but the issue remains. Any ideas? I've pinged certain websites (facebook wasn't working but now is) and they seem to be receiving the ping fine without any packages being lost (i'm not sure if thats what i should be looking at).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

ban0kles

I've tried changing browsers but none of them work. The error on Google Chrome is "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to ..........

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
To check if you're having DNS resolution issues, you'll need to open a command prompt window and issue the following command:

nslookup [domain name]

If you get any errors, then you have your answer on DNS resolution problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online