1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DNS Server Is Not Responding

Discussion in 'Networking' started by imjennnn, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. imjennnn

imjennnn Thread Starter

Okay so, I have waited a whole weekend from posting on here because Toshiba was going to call me first thing Monday morning. Well, it's Monday and yes, I did talk to them. But the thing is, because it is "Advanced Troubleshooting", they were going to charge me $99.95. I was like "Um..No".

So, here I am. Since last Wednesday, I haven't been able to connect to the internet because my "DNS Server Is Not Responding". I have tried everything. Re configuring my IP Address, CMD Prompt, Restarting the linksys router and the modem, just about everything you can think of and no luck. I even tried re programming my router and it still isn't working.

Please help me. My system information is on my profile. I don't want to spend $100 just to get on the internet.

Thanks so much in advanced!

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Did you try going into the adapter settings (TCP/IPv4) and specifying a known DNS? Like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for Google's DNS server.

3. imjennnn

imjennnn Thread Starter

yes I did

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Is any other device able to get internet access through your router?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054078