1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do gamers really need gaming mice?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ErrorProxy, Jan 29, 2010.

?

Do gamers need gaming mice?

1. To be 1337, yes.

33.3%
  2. No, it's all about skill not hardware.

50.0%
  3. Iono.

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ErrorProxy

ErrorProxy Thread Starter

Ok, I want to know the difference between gaming mice and just normal mice. Now i know gaming mice have more dpi and more bells and whistles.. but it's a mouse.. what's the difference? If I wanted more sensitivity I'd just turn it up to max. Sure, I've heard from friends you can add weight to the mice and it'll have momentum.. but really is there a huge difference? <---million dollar question.

I really need to try a gaming mouse someday, see if there really is any difference.

I have Logitech V450 Nano. I like it because it has a small small usb and it's wireless, perfect for laptops. Where can I compare this to a gaming mouse?

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

There are some gaming mice that have a keypad
    mounted on the front of them that put certain keyboard
    keys in front of your fingers.
    Other than that,not really needed.
    Might check this site..
    http://saitek.com/uk/prod/cyborgmouse.htm

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Mine has 12 buttons and weights that are adjustable for making it as comfortable as possible in the hand. It is not a normal mouse at all and more like a controller.

I couldn't play many games with a normal mouse.

4. lifeessence

lifeessence

I have a G5, adjustable weights blah blah etc. bells and whistles
    a few things I have noticed that I like about my particular mouse over a regular mouse
    1) the shape and material, it's extermely comfortable for long periods of use
    2)it has one button where your thumb is (I got the 2142 edition, the regular one has 2) and I find it particularly useful in a fair few games. And I can make any button be any other button.

I say it's good if your an enthusiast/gamer or heavy mouse user (Blender comes to mind) then a "gaming grade" mouse bears it's usefulness.

5. ErrorProxy

What mouse is that?

I guess I'll try one then.. any suggestions? I like that $150 Razer thing with the nice dock.

6. lifeessence

lifeessence

Cyber Sniper Stinger Mouse or the (regular) Logitech G5 is what I'd reccomend, I've used a G9 and personally don't like it, but my mate loves the thing.

7. DreadStorm

DreadStorm

First Name:
    Wayne
    I may be old fashioned, or even archaic, but this gives me a minor opportunity to brag. ;)

I've kicked more tail, and wiped out more armies with my simple little Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, than I ever did with a mouse-sized keyboard, or miniature nuclear reactor.

Simple philosophy - Why waste money when you're already comfortable with something. Comfort is the main thing. If you want a miniature space station for a mouse, and you're comfortable with it, more power to you. If you've already become accustomed and comfortable with something built on the KISS principle, so be it.

It all boils down to how comfortable you are with what you're using. Buying a new device is pointless when your hand will cramp up, fingers get tired, whatever, when you're already used to your existing device.

Just my 2 cents. heh

8. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

I agree 100%...(y) (y) (y)

9. ErrorProxy

...too late already got a Razer Mamba..

I'm sure I'll love it!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!