do i have a virus or something?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fizzle8000

im using windows 2000nt and according to avg7 i dont have a virus or trojan, im using spybot search and destroy which tells me i have no spyware all are up to date as of today(6/2/05) and yet my mouse cursor moves around the screen re-arranging my desktop and opening the start menu? please help its driving me mad

Fizzle, how are you connected to the internet? I heard of cursors moving but not performing functions. Perhaps you've been hacked.

When I'm at remote locations and our office dials in to the site with pcAnywhere, they start doing tasks until one of us wins the "battle" for the cursor or they realize I'm signed on at the site.

Are you networked with any other computers? If not disconnect your internet connection and see what happens.

Randall

fizzle8000

Randall this is a stand alone p/c and is not networked. Although virtual network connections was installed for remote access and has been removed and the file sharing options have been disabled. I am connected to the net via an adsl connection through a modem not a router.

Fizzle

Okay. If you don't have a firewall, get one.

Disconnect from the internet and see if this see if this still happens.

If the problem still occurs after the above, it's not a hacking problem.

Do searches for files IEMouse 1.00 (a mouse moving application), iOpus Internet Macro (repetitive task recording and duplication app.) and post.

I'm grabbing at straws here people and need some help. I will be leaving on a business trip early tomorrow, so if I don't reply then, I'm not ignoring you.

Randall

fizzle8000

Randall

thanks for the info im away now till sunday but I will get a firewall and try what you have sugested. i'll keep you posted .

fizzle

fizzle8000

Hi randall

Thanks for your help. the problem has been resolved and a firewall has been installed and there were no iemouse files or iopus files to be found.

thanks again

fizzle :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online