1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

do i have a virus or something?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fizzle8000, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fizzle8000

fizzle8000 Thread Starter

im using windows 2000nt and according to avg7 i dont have a virus or trojan, im using spybot search and destroy which tells me i have no spyware all are up to date as of today(6/2/05) and yet my mouse cursor moves around the screen re-arranging my desktop and opening the start menu? please help its driving me mad

2. randyrayd

randyrayd

Fizzle, how are you connected to the internet? I heard of cursors moving but not performing functions. Perhaps you've been hacked.

When I'm at remote locations and our office dials in to the site with pcAnywhere, they start doing tasks until one of us wins the "battle" for the cursor or they realize I'm signed on at the site.

Are you networked with any other computers? If not disconnect your internet connection and see what happens.

Randall

3. fizzle8000

Randall this is a stand alone p/c and is not networked. Although virtual network connections was installed for remote access and has been removed and the file sharing options have been disabled. I am connected to the net via an adsl connection through a modem not a router.

Fizzle

4. randyrayd

randyrayd

Okay. If you don't have a firewall, get one.

Disconnect from the internet and see if this see if this still happens.

If the problem still occurs after the above, it's not a hacking problem.

Do searches for files IEMouse 1.00 (a mouse moving application), iOpus Internet Macro (repetitive task recording and duplication app.) and post.

I'm grabbing at straws here people and need some help. I will be leaving on a business trip early tomorrow, so if I don't reply then, I'm not ignoring you.

Randall

5. fizzle8000

Randall

thanks for the info im away now till sunday but I will get a firewall and try what you have sugested. i'll keep you posted .

fizzle

6. fizzle8000

Hi randall

Thanks for your help. the problem has been resolved and a firewall has been installed and there were no iemouse files or iopus files to be found.

thanks again

fizzle :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice